This one nearly made my brain melt. So much so I'm going to publish the rules for this challenge in full just so you can see what I was up against this weekend!
(not helped at all my a rather full on lurgy picked up from my niece on Saturday - writing while sick is really no fun at all)
1. The play must contain 4 characters
2. Two of the characters meet for the first time in the play
3. Two of the characters kiss at some point in the play
4. The play has to have 3 scenes
5. First scene must have 17 lines of dialogue, Second scene must have 20 lines of dialogue, Third scene must have 22 lines of dialogue
6. Every line of dialogue (for all three scenes) must have one of the following: either 5 words, 12 words, 17 words, 33 words or 87 words (you can punctuate as you see fit)
7. Each line of dialogue in every scene must start with a different letter of the alphabet (reset for each new scene obviously)
8. You have 7 pauses (one of which must be a very long pause)
9. The three scenes have to be set one indoors, one outdoors and one in an abstract space
10. There has to be violence at some point
Leave a Reply.
28 Plays Later